20121101

He says, "Guichanaso, you should write!"
Photo credit to my sister



"I need some positive energy in my life. Give me high five."

Perhaps optimism boils down to lowering the threshold of thought or emotions needed to overturn your own psychological vicious cycle. Stress is a psychological construct, right?

A psychology professor at my school does research against rampant optimism. She argues that pessimistic people feel more 'comfortable' being stressed out, and performs better when they are worried like they are. Let pessimistic people be themselves. Imposing optimism to them makes them perform worse by making them 'just close your eyes, take a breath, and don't worry', instead of letting them 'I'm going to worry about this and think of all the worst case scenarios that can happen so I can be prepared'. They may never be prepared enough to satisfaction, but they are probably more comfortable that way.

As always, people just seem ever-complicated and variegated. But high fives, in my experience, are universally popular.


Mothagesso.