It is my belief (rapidly realized in a ten-minute shower) that "refreshing" is a nicely woven trap. I say trap, because its difficult to stay there, contrary to
trap being used to describe something that is difficult to get out of. Well, maybe. You see, refreshing sounds good. Unique, original, never-before-seen, why did it take so long to find you, I can't place you in any of my categories, what an individual you are. But where can you go from there? You either become increasingly less refreshing, which is most likely the case, and become the person who was once refreshing that is now closer to mundane. Your charm erodes. You morph into run-of-the-mill. On the other hand. You could also easily become "weird", due to, I don't know, the fact that you're difficult to figure out. You're too different. You're unwilling to conform. You seem to the other person as if you're trying too hard to remain separate from the norm.
Neither ends of the spectrum seem to be great prospects. I stood in the shower ruminating over the word "refreshing," and puzzled by the dismal picture the word suggested in its future. What is it, a foreboding? I had an apprehensive feeling, that may or may not have been an overreaction. Or maybe I'm flattering myself. I guess I often flatter myself. Fine.
I took a day off today from work and worrying and panicking about work and sat on a bench under nice daylight and just read. I hadn't done that in a while; I felt the need to retrace my steps. Then I came home and feasted on noodles, then some strawberries, then some television, and now writing. Tomorrow begins work again. Boy do I need this year to end now.
Guichanaso.