20120224

"You would"

people tell me. Sometimes it puts a little smile in my heart--hey, this person knows me well, this person categorizes and remembers me-- and sometimes it raises my eyebrows in surprise-- what exactly made you think that I would do that and what does it even mean that I would do that?

"You would not eat cookies." What? What does that even mean? "I don't know, I don't think you'd eat desserts. Or maybe you told me that a while ago." That's true. But 'you would' makes it seems like, it's like,

I can't think of an adjective to describe this person, this person does not make sense to me, so most of the descriptions that I will put under him will be under 'miscellaneous' with bullet points such as "Type of a person that would not eat cookies."

Being known by someone. Acquainted, befriended with, close with. Understood by, comfortable with. A sort of closeness just makes your heart tingle.

It also helps me realize different things about myself and my own habits with their observations. And these days, I've been thinking about few things: I don't make enough eye contacts, I don't genuinely engage in a conversation's topic and simply writes it off, I sometimes just speak without really thinking what the content would mean to that person or the conversation.

If you tune, tune, tune, and finely tune into the conversations, there's so much climate in it. Weather changes. Politics. So much to be learned and manipulated and perfected and it's just easier to tune out, turn off, and just don't think about it. But I should try, because it's a tragedy of mine that I wouldn't really be able to not regret about things. So trying is all I can do.

I would.


Mothagesso.