Some updates
1 Started work at an Evanston cafe today. It's good to explore college cliches. Working at a cafe, drinking coffee, procrastinating, late night talks, bonfires, throwing frisbees, frolicking in grass, living in a dorm, living out of dorm, carrying cardboard boxes, disheveled hair, attempting to kiss up to professors, zoning out during discussion sections, the list could go on.
2 I've been messing things up a little but hopefully things will go back into place once August rolls around.
3 Hair is growing unnecessarily long and I feel as though I am part male lion. This hair....
4 Strange African American men need to stop stopping me on the street to ask which part of Asia I'm from. In fact, I'm entirely willing to disregard their (unfounded) praise for my looks. And do not, I beg of you, ask if I'm from Japan or China. Yes that was blatant patriotism.
5 I sat through a train ride with two huge personalities yesterday. One was a white girl drunk out of her mind, screaming at some of her friends that Buddy (Budweiser) simply must sit with her. I did not see a Buddy, so I have no choice but to assume she was hallucinating. At one point she actually revealed her upper body. I wanted to call her mother.
6 The other member with the huge personality was a man carrying a bike wearing a frayed baseball cap and a nose ring. He seemed content talking to himself until a courageous drunk man struck up a conversation. I believe that was a fail move on everyone involved. The bicycle man first insisted it was not a good day to talk to him, that he was going through many things of which he should not speak of, some which were foul, some which were traumatizing, et cetera. Then he insisted the man who had struck up the conversation was immensely drunk, and that he should go fuck himself. Other sentences he screamed were much more graphic. I wished I had his imaginative vocabulary.
7 because seven is supposed to lucky and I'm always craving for luck.
"Are you going to break my heart someday?"
Guichanaso.