20120701



"So, one of my friends said that there are two types of photographers. One he calls it the businessman, and the other an artist. The businessman does it to share, to see that people like it, to meet the demand or the expectation. The artist, on the other hand, just purely does it for his own joy."

"In that sense, I think I would be the artist. I don't upload my photos. I just enjoy taking them." Because it's like a little puzzle to see something neat, and try to make it look neat with a limited tool, an effortless attempt. It's simple, and it's fun.

"You're a dreamer." "Really?" "I mean, I guess you're too practical to be a dreamer." "Yeah." It was maybe the threaded ankle bracelet I had on that I picked up by the lake the other day. It was maybe the baggy shorts that I made from an old, long cargo pants. It was maybe the camera I had in my hands. It was maybe because I was a little hungover. It was maybe because I was sitting on the sand by the lake shamelessly, and was not bothered by the sand all over my feet. It was definitely just an image. I think I try, though.

"The phrase 'I would love to be' encapsulates who you are very well." I am a practical dreamer of sorts. "I wouldn't say that you are happy. You are content." I pursue a lot of things aimlessly and half-assedly. "I imagine you to be a light in the shallow sea. (It sounds bad but imagine it, you'll get it)." "You analyze everything, not to deeply, but everything." I was happy with that. Content, too.

I am never interested enough to be rigorous. I love beauty but I'd much rather be messy if it's going to be too much work. There's no point. I love photography but am not infatuated enough to pour my time into it. I love writing but rarely do I edit them to some sort of perfection. I love to hoard everything that I ever owned with smart reasons why I should keep them, but I never look back or cherish any of them. It just doesn't matter practically, or maybe I am just content with whatever it is. I am a relaxed person, who loves to be troubled, but hates troubles.

Dreams in Chicago.


Mothagesso.