20120704

74704-800w_large


1 People talk about their ideals, types, dreams. I want nothing of that. What are relationships but a process through which you can change and learn new ways. If you expect something from the other, or go into the relationship expecting a certain outcome, how much can you learn.

2 Sometimes I'll think to myself, ugh, sundresses. Ugh, bustiers. Ugh, espadrilles. Then I'll go out and look to buying the exact garment months later.

3 Same with movies. Still haven't seen Inception. Or Prometheus. When did I see Avatar? I vaguely remember falling asleep at the theatre.

4 What makes an individual's style? What makes you, you? I thought about this, because I'm constantly picking out things I'm sure I wouldn't look good in. I know what works already. And I know I look terrible in light pink, so I'll pick out a light pink Marc vest and try it on. It's also got a square top portion and (I predict) will look terrible on my shoulders. Mom shakes her head saying, "Sometimes I don't understand the choices you make." But isn't that how we get to know ourselves? To make mistakes, so we know they're mistakes and can move on? Isn't it an expedited process of elimination, then, if we know as we walk into the fitting room that the garment will not work, we'd just like to confirm one last time? Not to mention when some things work wonderfully contrary to your expectations and you walk out feeling great about being wrong.

5 Confidence is tricky. Confidence and comfort and open-mindedness and nonchalance.

6 I wish people would stop this strange passive aggressive down-to-earth charade. Yeah, you're "open minded," I get it. Stop pushing that logo upon me. Breathe. You're so down-to-earth, you're uptight!

7 I hate cramps.

Guichanaso.