We talked about what emotions are today.
I said, "I have a sort of systematic definition. Emotion is felt, not remembered. Emotions only exist in the present when it is felt, and is immediately forgotten. That's why happy moments, we find it hard to remember. We recall, 'Yeah, I was very happy that moment' but we cannot remember exactly what that 'happy' felt like. Now, sad moments are easier to remember, because when we feel sad, we start to think about the sadness and the situation. Like that, emotions can trigger a chain of thoughts, and thoughts, unlike emotions, are remembered. Knowing that emotions are only felt in the present and never is resummonable, I am able to try to grab onto the happy emotions, or try to simply enjoy it in the present as much as possible, or try to let go of sad thoughts because I know that it will not stay in my mind later."
We discussed. "Emotions aren't rational, but it's true to you in the moment." "Emotions are unavoiable." "Emotions aren't rational, but they are true to you in the moment." "Emotions are tricky to catch." "Emotions are unavoidable, but they are also malleable, controllable, tractable. In the present, and in the future."
Then someone said, "Emotions are either the sense of intense connection, or the solitary sense of disconnection."
"We try to balance them."
Mothagesso.
I said, "I have a sort of systematic definition. Emotion is felt, not remembered. Emotions only exist in the present when it is felt, and is immediately forgotten. That's why happy moments, we find it hard to remember. We recall, 'Yeah, I was very happy that moment' but we cannot remember exactly what that 'happy' felt like. Now, sad moments are easier to remember, because when we feel sad, we start to think about the sadness and the situation. Like that, emotions can trigger a chain of thoughts, and thoughts, unlike emotions, are remembered. Knowing that emotions are only felt in the present and never is resummonable, I am able to try to grab onto the happy emotions, or try to simply enjoy it in the present as much as possible, or try to let go of sad thoughts because I know that it will not stay in my mind later."
We discussed. "Emotions aren't rational, but it's true to you in the moment." "Emotions are unavoiable." "Emotions aren't rational, but they are true to you in the moment." "Emotions are tricky to catch." "Emotions are unavoidable, but they are also malleable, controllable, tractable. In the present, and in the future."
Then someone said, "Emotions are either the sense of intense connection, or the solitary sense of disconnection."
"We try to balance them."
Mothagesso.