20120329
So,
I like that I'm slow. I like observing. I like being careful, taking time, and I like that I procrastinate. I enjoy arriving late. I like the things I like, I like that I like the things I like. I love where I have come to be. It certainly took awhile! (see what I did there, har har)
But I've also come to have some troubles. I fear that out of my comfort, I have disregarded the needs and wishes of the people around me, the people I have come to love and value and trust. Family, for example. Friends, for a less intense example. Maybe even romantic interests--maybe. But, I really don't think they like this me as much as I do. Which is something I certainly saw coming. Of course when I love me more than others... well. I think I just fear an excess?
Though I am told we can't please everyone. I have been told to pick and choose my battles. And so I ask (no one in particular), should the battle I choose be the one I have with others, where I am constantly justifying my personal reasons for doing certain things, or be the one I have with myself, where I cater to the desires of others and compromise my own.
“The finest proof of our loyalty toward one another was our monstrous disloyalties towards everyone else.”
― Alain de Botton
Guichanaso.