20120330



So,

I generally don't find simple adages interesting, probably precisely because it is too simple to be interesting. And if they are not interesting, they fail to do what they intended to do. They are not heartwarming, inspirational, paradigm-shifting, or groundbreaking. They're usually just 'punny,' which is easy to figure and is not that fascinating. They are extremely sweeping, not just because of their nature of being short, or because of the words that they use being vague (e.g., love), but also because the ideas they have are just extremely simplistic. If you find yourself uplifted by any of them, your qualm, sadness, agony, I would like to argue, weren't that bad to begin with.

But all this aside, I thought of a happy thought today while biking under a happy weather. Simple adage: we all have the power to make others happy. Maybe you can't make yourself happy all that easily, but definitely others, and in turn, they may make you happy with their smile or gratitude. If you're upset, still hide it and be nice to others, talk to them happily, and explain your stress lightheartedly in order to not stress them out too. Try to make them happy.

We are all prone to being sad, and shit's sometimes hard to get out of. There's a lot of us though, and we're easily influenced. I won't say that you don't lose anything by being happy. But being happy doesn't suck, at least.



I guess this is how the authors of those dumb adages feel. I feel like I had something to say because I felt real nice. But I feel a bit dumb after writing it. I don't blame you if you don't feel interested or intrigued. I guess it's hard to translate the feeling that comes with the revelation. Jesus probably had a hard time trying to make people feel a certain way, you know? So he made us feel a certain way by a story rather than a speech.

Do make others happy, pretty please.


Mothagesso.