Goodbye winter quarter,
This winter I've had a hard time consolidating. Priorities jumbled, became a ball, then fell apart like worn clay. Order evaporated, emotions fluttered around guard rails, buses came and went, people came and went. Everything was so fluid that I had no choice. I did what I wanted to do. Everything I wanted, I achieved with a careful disregard for what others wanted. Not to say I didn't care what others needed me to do; if they needed it and let me know that was what they absolutely needed, I tried to give them just that. But people, interestingly enough, seemed more eager this quarter.
Mothagesso, are you here? I hope you're having fun in Hungary. Drinking is bad for you, but you've never minded. I'm messaging you in a bit to let you know I've written.
Something about "delay" very much appealed to be this quarter. Whether it be delay of gratification, delay of notice, delay of label, delay of food, delay of honesty, delay of homework, delay of getting ready, delay of getting up, delay of sleep, delay of speech, or delay of impression, something about taking a few minutes to laze around and walk ten steps behind everyone else made me feel very much at home. I felt as if I were an observer to a cubicle, then, the beholder of surprise. Like the last turning point in a thriller. A critical character to change the plot around, perhaps. Or maybe that last spray of perfume right before you leave the door. Deliberation helps things make more sense because it forces us to ruminate upon things that really only come to light with time. Because after you leave the door, you can't change the way you smell, right? Gotta do everything you can to smell good, before you leave, right?
I could be wrong. But in effect, I've been late to every class at least ten times each. I'd do it again.
Flying out to Vienna tomorrow. I wonder who I'll be at this time next year.
Guichanaso.