20120430

Reading is great. I spend most of my reading time marveling at his or her ability to articulate his or her thoughts. The subject matter is often mundane and/or seen before, but the way authors write out thoughts, as if they were actually meant to be written out to begin with, enchants. What they're doing is like photographing wind. Writing a breath. Sliding down a rainbow. I went one too far.

image_(127)

Expecting a lot from people is a chore. I've come to believe its less a burden on them, than it is to me, to hope. How disappointing it is to realize that they don't seem to understand our moods actually depend on their decisions! Petty things, small things. Say, I ask you to critique my writing, and you are well aware I'm a person who'd rather hand in a rough draft than have you look over my writing--whether it be out of pride, or self-worth, or a desire for mystique. You should know better than to say, I'm busy. Have we met?

"Knowing your audience" is one of the first things I learned in Medill.

Mom and I have had this discussion numerous times. Dad and I haven't had this discussion, but we've felt it, about each other. The truth. When we like someone enough to say out loud we like them, we'd also like them to know certain things about ourselves without us having to explain them. But actually, that's what knowing your audience means, right? The most valuable things must be found, not told. Found, felt, fondled. Fuck, sometimes I feel like I'm trying to blow air into a fishnet, expecting it to balloon.

Maybe I should hang out with more Medilldos.


Guichanaso.