20130417

Thunder and lightning

In general, precipitation makes me feel powerless. Like I'm just a tiny human inside a huge, huge cube-shaped container. Imagine a harmonica, and a group of ants being pushed around inside it because an anonymous musician is blowing saliva and wind into it, causing said ants to freak out. It's no one's fault. He's just making music!

To the ants, though.

On a tangential note, subjectivity is an interesting concept because you can never assume a person has the exact set of facts and data you have. This is something I think about often because I watched my parents put up with me for so long. I'd do something stupid, like get my nose pierced for funzies, or lie, or cheat, or skip an expensive SAT prep class to go on a date, or get on a bus to Wisconsin without a place to stay, and I always assumed mom and dad were clueless. Turns out, they let it go because they were kids too, once. Years down the road they'd say something like: "By the way, we know what you did." I think that taught me humility.

Guichanaso.