20130212

Some scribbles from my notepad, on which a friend spilled chai tea all over this afternoon.

1. I am embarrassed to admit I am embarrassed
2. Only the shallow know themselves - Wilde
3. I notice my strengths as limitations on my growth - John from painting
4. Symbolize yourself
5. "Oh that's so granola" - girl in IMC class
6. How can you balance doing well and doing good?
7. Doodle doodle
8. You're inquisitive, you're idealistic. It keeps us fresh - Al Cubbage to students
9. Do the things you did to get you here, and keep doing them.
10. Respond to emails right away because otherwise you'll forget
11. I wanted to do something someone in a story would do.
12. When you're reading, you build a house, you build a street, you build a school. No two people hear the same story. - Rives Collins on how storytellers are magical
13. What has changed? Think about that.
14. Your generation has given us the ability to laugh at ourselves - Mango
15. We giggle at pictures of kittens online while eyeing our debt and wondering if there are enough dreams to go around - Nick Castele
16. Crises
17. "A metric shit ton"
18. Stories are important because there is far too much shouting in the world.
19. We are not telling them how to think.
20. "I think that added a really interesting dramatic irony, well, in addition to normal irony" - kid in class
21. It's funny when people start out a sentence with "obviously." What if it's not obvious to me?
22. They are nostalgic for what they never had
23. "Bleeding ulcers? Doesn't ulcers mean they're already bleeding?" -Kotlowitz

Guichanaso