"Cause I just don't believe we're wicked
I know that we sin but I do believe we try"
I know that we sin but I do believe we try"
Positive messages tend to be addictive. With few lines, you could write off the cynics, and get the heads turning. I don't know what that says anything about us.
I once tried to put up an apology for philosophy, stammering, anything but eloquent. There are several, at least for personal, or if you stretch it enough, for practical business purposes as well. Clarity, as Weber said, I guess, would apply for the latter. For the former, a sort of further self-understanding, as well as room for exploration. But I tried to put up something more practical, something with large historical impacts and societal utility. Not that I wished to diminish everything else, but to revitalize what now seems to be dying, even as I start to study it. I think I muttered something along the lines of-- ideas move the real world. And ideas, the structures that are neutral, are set into motion only by our personal conviction, a baseless and intractable entity. I am still yet to justify why philosophy relates. Perhaps it does not at all. But if I think it can, and believe in it, and have you believe in it too, I can make it just as real as anything else, any other truth out there.
"From philo- "loving" and sophia "knowledge, wisdom," from sophis "wise, learned;" of unknown origin."
Mothagesso.