20131105

My roommate likes reading entire articles out loud. She also has a new idea every hour, perhaps a new recipe to try, a new party idea. A new article to read! A new craft project. When on most days I'm still trying to digest things that happened in the morning, it's hard to take in. I think it's kind of nice.

It's already time to get a new notepad. I think I've found mine. It's a light brown spring-bound note, approximately the size of a Hallmark birthday card, no lines, all brown paper, recycled. It contains doodles and little ideas I have in class and things I found funny that professors will say in passing. Like one time when a guest lecturer said, "It's never a bad idea to go see a shrink." I had so many questions for him! Or another time in an English class when we were discussing Ezra Pound, and the professor tried to make us understand that there are moments that don't make sense. What's illogical is entirely natural, so then it's all rather silly, to seek sense in nonsensical things.

Other times, I'll write down fun things classmates say, like the first time I heard a girl describe a person as "granola." When she said that I thought it was the greatest thing, because I imagined a male college student with curly hair, looking confused, wearing a green wool sweater littered with granola, and to think, just one word could conjure such a specific image! There are other words like that, too. Like caramelized. Crapshoot. Constantinople a great word, especially of late; I wish it were a real word and not just a name.

My friend Michael said I must be in my "mysterious mood" today. I didn't know what that meant at first, so I just blurted some horse shit answer. He continued. "Well, indecisive, at least. When it comes to emotions, it seems like you don't like making decisions."

Guichanaso.