Lack of response is a response. Lack of choice is a choice. Lack of reason is a reason.
What did I think about today? "Things to do, things to do." I write things down because seeing my tasks materialize before my eyes makes them less threatening. I've stopped that, after high school.
The past few weeks, I felt as if I were carrying a huge tripod with lightroom equipment on my shoulders. It was a simple enough task that I'd been given--to create an advertisement for the cafe--yet I put it off for weeks, letting it eat away my mind, rot in the corner of my thoughts, wonderful, lovely things. I felt terrible every time she asked if I was done with them. It invaded other spheres of my job at Java. It wasn't the same, asking her when I was getting my pay. She had something on me as well.
So today after hours of doing nothing and loitering about in my living room with a friend, I finally sat my butt down to a chair, got out my bamboo tablet. Finished it. Finished seven of them, actually! So she can pick and choose.
Times like these are when I like myself least.
Guichanaso.